- The General’s Family illustration by Octavio Ocampo has 9 faces hidden in it.
- Every face in this optical illusion represents a part of the general’s life and tells its own story.
- The ability to spot all or a few faces says a great deal about your observation skills.
Optical illusions have captured humanity’s fascination since the beginning of time. Our brain processes a great deal of information everyday but retains only what it considers most important.
You observe an image closely and find inconspicuous, subtle elements that didn’t strike you at first glance. Step away and you may find a bigger image within the
The General’s Family illustration is considered one of the most popular optical illusions of all time. Created by Mexican artist
Optical Illusion: The animal you see first reveals which side of your brain is dominant and your personality traits
You are detail-oriented if you can spot all 6 faces in this stunning optical illusion
You’ll notice some rather easily, and others upon a closer look. Yet other faces may or may not be perceptible by you at all.
Observe the image below and count how many faces you spot.
What you see first in this optical illusion reveals your biggest strengths and weaknesses
How many faces could you find? Take another look before checking the results below.
Right off the bat, you may have noticed the largest face in the image, which depicts the general in his later years. Forming his eyes is the face of a man wearing a hat. His figure provides the illusion with a nose, moustache and a lower face.
Standing opposite to him, at the general’s ear is a woman holding a baby in her arms. The man the woman symbolise his humble beginnings.
To his right is a woman face where the arch meets the wall and indicates that she may have been his wife. On the other side of the arch is a crow perched on a stone projection, behind which you can spot four faces.
The dog sleeping on the edge of the shadow looks like it is the general’s hand on his coat flap.
What does this say about your observation skills?
- If you could spot 6 faces in this optical illusion, then you may have good but average observation skills, according to The Minds Journal.
- If you found 7 faces, then you may be a notch above average.
- If you spotted 8 faces in the image, it indicates that you are an observant person and “you should be proud of yourself”.
- Lastly, if you were able to find all 9 faces without looking at the answers, you possess outstanding observation skills and are also creative and intuitive.